Slide Gate Valves
are linear motion valves intention for full bore fluid flow devoid of any change in direction. They are deliberate to provide a well-organized method for controlling the flow of free-flowing dry bulk materials. It is a perfect valve for transmission as well as interruption of fluid movement which is mainly appropriate for crude, gas pipes, petrochemical oil depots, and more pipelines in the industrial process. The face of this kind of valve is generally parallel and thus they can refer to as Slide Gate Valves. They are commonly either open or close and are not usually worn to control flow. Moreover, valves can additionally be installed at the outlet of an oil pump to control & regulate the flow of liquid.
A usual slide gate valve consists of a valve body, valve disc, a spindle, valve seat, gland, as well as operating mechanism. The seat and the gate together do the function of shutting off the flow of fluids. A 360° surface contact between the disk and the seat gives proper sealing when the valve is completely close. This proper mating of a disk to the seal ring makes sure that little or no outflow happens across the disk while the gate valve is close. Valve operation is usually a hand wheel, but gear or electric actuators are also very ordinary.
The compact structure and smaller operating torque of valves give excellent sealing, lesser flow resistant coefficient as well as longer service life. These valves are widely used in pipelines that are intended for the flow of oil or glass such as in refineries & petrochemical plants. They are also appropriate for use under for broad range of pressure and temperature.
Slide Gate Valve: Working and Performance Characteristics
The recital of a Slide Gate Valve
can be extensively notable by a variety of factors ranging from the design to the effective environment.
- The faces of the valve enable it to endure a full pressure difference at both sides of the valve because of which they can often refer to as Slide Gate Valve.
- Slide Gate Valves use a parallel-faced, gate-like seating element. It has two parallel disks that are compulsory on the end against parallel seats by a spreader.
- The expandable structure of the dual valve seat gives a function of DBB which is additionally called double block & bleed gate valve.
- The floating valve seat in the device can automatically release the pressure when the middle hole is over forced.
- When the middle cavity pressure is more than the channel pressure, it will obtain exhausted to the channel.
- As the upstream pressure of the channel is greater than the downstream pressure (for example, the valve is close). The middle cavity pressure will get release to the rising channel.
- When the upstream pressure of the channel is up to the downstream pressure (that is, the valve is completely open). The middle cavity pressure can remain discharged by the two-pronged channel. Also, the valve seat will mechanically reset after the release of pressure.
Slide Gate Valve has a distinctive feature of sealing surfaces among the gate & seats which is planar. This makes the valve more appropriate for use in a straight-line flow of fluid where the least restriction is longing. These valves offer a size benefit over other types of valves in terms of space to be choosing between pipe flanges to accommodate the valve. Ease of installation and lesser cost compared to other valve types planned for the same purpose. Make this valve more suitable for industrial use such as the petrochemical industry, crude, gas pipes, etc. SAKSHAM
is a professional Slide Gate Valve Manufacturer
, if you have any questions; please feel free to contact us.