The Micro-Batch Feeder for incessant volumetric feeding of powdery or granular materials consists of a steel-reinforced SINT® engineering polymer body (optionally body completely manufactured in stainless steel), a horizontally mounted rotating agitator tool, a feeder screw beneath the agitator tool, a feeder pipe enclosing the protruding feeder screw, one drive unit each for agitator & feeder screw.
Tests on product flow and material stress have been carried out to establish the finest body geometry. Agitator and feeder tool geometry and materials have also been tested before choosing the best steel and engineering SINT® polymer composite.
Micro Batch Feeders are supplied in food-grade versions with FDA approval on request.
The Function of Micro Batch Feeders
Micro Batch Feeders for powder as well as granular product feeding are mainly suitable for poorly flowing materials which tend to clog, along with adhesive products. Fed through a bag opening hopper, a bulk bag discharger, or another feeding device, the agitator tool managers to keep the material flowing reducing at the same time the possibility of arrangement of lumps or bridges.
The size of the product particles is of greatest importance when choosing the type of feeder screw. For instance, fine, heavy materials call for tapering screws with reduced pitch flights whereas granular, lighter materials require standard pitch cylindrical screws. Badly flowing products with cohesion or bridging problems are consistently fed into the feeding zone by the blending shaft which is shaped as per the product properties.
Depending on the user’s individual needs, Micro Batch Feeders can be supplied with alternative feeder screws as well as blending tools and various accessories.
The Features of Micro Batch Feeders
- Three sizes available
- Feed rates: 3 dm3/h ~ 4,000 dm3/h (0.001 ~ 2.4 cfm)
- Body manufactured from SINT engineering polymer or stainless steel (the complete feeder may come in stainless steel with all parts being interchangeable with the SINT version)
- Agitator and feeder tool with separate force units
- Because of independent drive units it is possible to select various drive power and speeds for both blending shaft and feeder screw
- Broad range of interchangeable SINT engineering polymer or stainless steel feeder tools
- Huge range of the same components: seals, feeding pipe
- High quantity of homogeneity of the material feed
- Versatile, adaptable, compact, dependable, accurate
Benefits of Micro Batch Feeders
- Minimum clearance between screw flight as well as feeder pipe ensuring high accuracy feeding
- Internal body geometry ensuring free flow of tricky materials
- Flexibility in choice of model most appropriate for material to be fed
- Easy and quick maintenance because of a limited number of components
- Easy & quick cleaning due to non-stick SINT engineering polymer surface as well as the quick access panel.
IndustriesMicro Batch Feeder has been successfully in operating in the following industries:
- Building and Construction
- Feed and Food
- Plastic and Chemicals
- Heavy Industries
- Plants and Machinery
- Environmental Technology
- Bulk Solids Feeding and Metering
- Waste Water Treatment
At Saksham Industrial Engineers, we have been counted amongst the most trusted names in this industry engaged in providing a broad collection of Micro Batch Feeders. Micro Batch Feeders range completely meets the requirements of different industries of feeding small quantities of powdery or granular materials ensuring the maximum possible accuracy.
The products offered by us are extremely demanded and trusted in different sectors of industry for their international standards as well as some exceptional features for example robust construction, dimensional accuracy, high tensile strength, precise designs, anti-corrosive finish, long service life & abrasion resistance.Contact us today @ +91-9910976777 / +91-8527956635 to discuss your requirements…